Impromptu events have been approved as part of the Queensland Special Interest Vehicle Concession Scheme (SIVS) guide. Our club has had to develop a policy to implement Impromptu Events for our Club.
Please read the Falcon GT Owners of Qld Inc’s policy below and please visit the Queensland Government web address below to review the changes to the SIVS. Copy and paste the address into your web browser.
Falcon GT Owners of Qld Inc Policy relating to Impromptu Events
An impromptu event is an event that has been initiated by a club member, involves one or more vehicles, and is supported by an incorporated vehicle club.
It may be an event initiated by one or more members of the club at short notice. Some examples may include using the car at a wedding, funeral, school formal, fete, business promotion, cruise or social event for no reward.
For a financial member of the Falcon GT Owners Club of Qld to register an impromptu event, the following process is required.
- The member posts details of the proposed event on the Falcon GT Owners Club Of Queensland Inc’s Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/899066586794358/ ), as soon as practical before the event, with the following information:
- The purpose or reason for the event
- The date of the event
- Where the event is taking place
- The name of the member proposing the event.
- Posting of these details would deem the event is approved. (see dot point 3 below)
- If, for some reason, the proposed event does not comply with the conditions as outlined by Queensland Transport, in particular, everyday use, driving to & from employment, for reward or not posted before the stated date/time of the event, the event is not approved by the Falcon GT Owners Club of Qld Inc.
- Members who have their vehicles registered under the Special Interest Vehicle Concession Scheme should refer to the most recent conditions and restrictions as the Department of Transport policies take precedence over those of the Falcon GT Owners of Qld Inc.